As the new year begins and the one year anniversary of my blog officially comes, I am so endlessly grateful for being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Awards.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provides a link to their blog (https://artandroses.blog/) <— she is an amazing blogger who creates the most amazing art while also giving a glimpse into life with cystic fibrosis
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/ or your blog cite
- Why did you start blogging?
I have always confided in books and journals. Writing my deepest and personal thoughts onto the pages of any notebook I could find. Writing has always been where I feel safe. Especially when I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, it became my coping mechanism; my only way to get out all the frustrations that I held so deeply. I wanted to share my life and thoughts with others in hopes that it would relate to at least one person. To change at least one life with my words is my biggest dream.
2. Favorite quote?
I am honestly one of those people who hoard pictures and screenshots of quotes in my phone and throughout my room. To pick just one is one of the hardest questions you could ask– so I will leave this here, that perfectly fits my life right now.
“One day, you will understand that happiness was always about learning how to live with yourself, that your happiness was never in the hands of others. It was always about you. It was always about you.”The Strength In Our Scars by Bianca Sparacino (AKA the best book EVER)
3. What inspires you the most?
People and traveling. Whether its meeting new friends or even strangers, every connection changes you in some way. Each person you meet has such a dramatic effect on who you become and the decisions you make. Even if you may think they only took a small part in it all. People inspire me; their thoughts, their aspirations, strengths, weaknesses, and their life stories. Traveling inspires me immensely. I can bet you, any place you go to/visit will make you see things slightly different. There is so much to learn from seeing different cultures, religions, and customs.
4. What’s your favorite hobby/passion?
It definitely has to be writing and creating videos. There is still so much that I want to improve on and perfect. I hope one day to make a film about my life. I hope to also write a book one day.
5. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I have an overweight Dachshund (hotdog dog) named Remmy. I also had another dog who passed away this past summer, Mia. She was the embodiment of an angel but in dog form. Favorite quote?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I don’t know why but I have this strange pull towards Ireland. I have a lot of family that lives over there. I would love to see where my grandparents and my great grandparents lived; where I come from. I just know that I would absolutely love it there.
7. Who do you look up to?
My mom. I never met someone who has shown so much resiliency throughout their life. My mom has dealt with two kids with cystic fibrosis so fiercely and kindly. She always shows so much love and compassion for every person in her life. She gives herself relentlessly for the people she loves. My mom is quite literally my hero. I would not be able to live this beautiful life without her constant support and love (+ her amazing chocolate chip cookies).
8. What’s your favorite book, show, or movie? Why?
If you couldn’t tell from my favorite quote, The Strength In Our Scars by Bianca Sparacino, is so beautifully created. I’ve never read a book that has touched me as deeply as this book. It has helped me through so much; heartbreak, self-discovery & growth. There are too many TV shows and movies that I love so I can’t pick.
9. Favorite place?
The beach. Ocean City to be more specific. It is my safe haven. If I am going through a lot in life, I go to the beach and just try to find peace with my own thoughts. The waves crashing always has a way of soothing me completely.
10. If you could bring back a fictional character who would you chose?
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice.
11. Whats your favorite kind of music and why?
My music taste is a mix of all different genres but my most listened to would have to be alternative.
- Salty With Style
- Susan Arnold Books
- Inspire; to breathe
- Bright Hope
- Priceless Breathes
- Sleep Sam Reads
- Living the Q Life
- Yellow’s The Word
- Salty Maddie
- What made you create your blog?
- What made you smile today?
- What would be one thing that you would change about society?
- If you could teleport anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned from life?
- If you could give your younger self, advice, what would it be?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- Your favorite place that you have traveled to.
- What has deeply changed you?
- What has been the happiest moment of your life?
- If there is one person you could bring back to life, who would it be and why?